Bluff is linked with Charisma.
You can make what’s false appear to be true, what’s outrageous seem plausible, and what’s suspicious seem ordinary. You make a Bluff check to fast-talk a guard, con a merchant, gamble, pass off a disguise or fake documentation, and otherwise tell lies.
Your Bluff check is opposed by an observer’s Insight check. Your check might be opposed by multiple Insight checks, depending on how many observers can see and hear you and care about what’s going on. During a skill challenge, you might need to beat your observers’ Insight checks multiple times to succeed at bluffing them.
- Bluff: Standard action in combat or part of a skill challenge.
- Opposed Check: Bluff vs. Insight.
- Gain Combat Advantage: Once per combat encounter, you can try to gain combat advantage against an adjacent enemy by feinting. As a standard action, make a Bluff check opposed by the enemy’s Insight check. If you succeed, you gain combat advantage against the enemy until the end of your next turn.
- Create a Diversion to Hide: Once per combat encounter, you can create a diversion to hide. As a standard action, make a Bluff check opposed by the passive Insight check of any enemy that can see you. If you succeed, make a Stealth check opposed by the passive Perception check of any enemy present. If the Stealth check succeeds against an enemy, you are hidden from that enemy until the end of your turn or until you attack.
|Feign Injury||Training in bluff||Successful gain combat advantage checks can slide target 1 square.|
Bluff utility powers
Characters trained in Bluff may select a utility power in place of their class power (but not from a paragon path or epic destiny)
- Battle Feint - Level 2[PH3:166]
- False Bravado - Level 2[PH3:166]
- Serpent's Tongue - Level 2[Dr389]
- Confusing Blather - Level 6[PH3:166]
- Dirty Tricks - Level 6[PH3:167]
- Fast Talk - Level 6[PH3:167]
- Faulty Memory - Level 6[Dr389]
- Improvisational Arcana - Level 10[PH3:167]
- Stall Tactics - Level 10[PH3:167]