|Abilities||Charisma; and either |
Strength or Constitution
Dragonborn Racial Power
|Avg. weight||220–320 lbs.|
Dragonborn is a player character race in Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition as one of the core races in the Player's Handbook. They are also called "Dray" in the Dark Sun Campaign Setting.[PH:34][DSCS:24][HotFK:240]
Dragonborn have the following racial traits.
- Dragonborn Fury
- When you’re bloodied, you gain a minor racial bonus to attack rolls.
- Draconic Heritage
- Your healing surge value is equal to one-quarter of your maximum hit points + your Constitution modifier.
- Dragonborn Racial Power
- You can use either dragon breath or Dragonfear as an encounter power.
The following feats have the dragonborn race as a prerequisite. Other prerequisites are noted.
- Heroic Tier
- Adaptable Breath[Dr365:28] (dragon breath racial power)
- Ancient Soul
- Dragonborn Frenzy
- Dragonborn Senses
- Hurl Breath[Dr365:28] (dragon breath racial power)
- Enlarged Dragon Breath
- Infectious Wrath[Dr388:20] (any psionic class)
- Paragon Tier
- Admixture Breath[Dr365:28] (Dragon breath racial power, Adaptable Breath)
- Dragonborn Zeal[Dr365:28] (Dragonborn Frenzy, Great Fortitude, Toughness. Also replaces level 12 utility power.)
Dragonborn Racial Powers
Dragonborn may obtain the following racial utility powers as their utiltiy power choice:
- Baleful Glance (2)
- Dragon's Dive (6)
- Arkhosian Resilience (10)
- Triumphant Roar (16)
The following powers are augmented by being a Dragonborn:
- Dragon's Tenacity (Warlord Utility 6): Increased attack bonus.
Dragonborn Paragon Paths
The dragonborn ability bonus was originally a moderate bonus to Strength and Charisma.[PH:34] The second Essentials update and subsequent books changed the bonus to a moderate bonus to Charisma, and either Constitution or Strength.[U :E2]