Orcs are a savage, warlike, aggressive race that raid, pillage and fight other creatures. They have a hatred of elves and dwarves that began generations ago and they will often kill such creatures on sight.
Orcs generally have black hair, lupine ears and reddish eyes. Orcs favor vivid colors in clothes that most find unpleasant, like blood red. Their gear is usually unclean and unkempt.
They believe that to survive, they must conquer as much territory as possible. They constantly make war or prepare to make war on other humanoids, including other orcs. Their society is patriarchal, with women being possessions at best, chattel at worst. The status of an orc male in a tribe is determined by the number of women he owns and male children he sires as well as battle prowess, wealth and territory they acquire.
Orc spellcasters are ambitious and often rivalries will form between warrior leaders, as well as the tribe's clerics, who are expected to become leaders or advisors to the chief. Orcs are ruled by the biggest and strongest of their tribe. The chief deity of the orc is Gruumsh, a one-eyed war god that will not tolerate signs of peace among his people and teaches that all are inferior to the orc and all worldly goods are theirs for the taking.
- Average Height: 6'0˝ – 6'5˝
- Average Weight: 200–230 lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 squares
- Vision: Low-light
- Languages: Common, Giant
- Running Charge: When you charge, add 2 to your speed.
- Warrior’s Surge: You can use warrior’s surge as an encounter power.
Although playable as a PC as-is, it has received a third-party variant to convert it into a more complete PC race.
From http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Orc,_Variant_%284e_Race%29 - there are a few changes:
- Ability scores: +2 strength, and +2 constitution or +2 Dexterity
- Skill bonuses: +2 Intimidate, +2 Athletics
- Orc Resilience: The first time you are hit during an encounter, you gain 5 temporary hit points. The temporary hit points increase to 10 at 11th level, and 15 at 21st level.
- Warrior's surge is changed to allow using the power in place of a basic melee attack at the end of the charge, in addition to ignoring difficult terrain and opportunity attacks if that is done.
The variant received two custom feats, and a utility power. The utility power emulates the later version of orcish enemies that gained a standard action upon dropping to 0 hit points.