Religion is a knowledge type skill linked to Intelligence. It can be used to gather knowledge about religious knowledge or to recognize a religion-related clue.
You have picked up knowledge about gods, religious traditions and ceremonies, divine effects, holy symbols, and theology. This knowledge extends to information about the undead and the Astral Sea, including the creatures of that plane. If you have selected this skill as a trained skill, your knowledge represents academic study, either formalized or as a hobby, and you have a better chance of knowing esoteric information in this field.
Make a Religion check to remember a useful bit of religious knowledge or to recognize a religion-related clue. See Knowledge Checks.
Immortal or Undead
Make a Religion check to identify a creature that has the immortal origin (a creature of the Astral Sea) or the undead keyword. See Monster Knowledge Checks.
Religion utility powers
Characters trained in Religion may select a utility power in place of their class power (but not from a paragon path or epic destiny)
- Faith Healing - Level 2[PH3:174]
- Censure the Unholy - Level 6[PH3:174]
- Theologian's Shield - Level 6[PH3:174]
- Deliverance of Faith - Level 6[Dr385:79]
- Conviction - Level 10[PH3:174]
- Recitation - Level 10[PH3:174]
- Assurance of Prophecy - Level 10[Dr385:80]
- The sage hireling gives a +2 power bonus, increasing to +3 at level 15 and +4 at level 25.