Strength (Str) measures a character’s physical power.
Strength determines the weight for your carrying, lifting and dragging capacities.
Strength and Constitution are redundant with each other for the purpose of Fortitude defense, but Constitution has the additional benefit of improving hit points and healing surges. For this reason, Strength can be a dump stat for characters who don't depend on Strength for attack rolls, class features, or skill checks.
- Classes with Strength as a primary key ability
- cleric (battle cleric)
- paladin ("straladin")
- ranger (melee)
- Classes with Strength as a secondary key ability
- cleric (Wis primary, storm domain warpriest)
- rogue (Dex primary, Brutal Scoundrel or Ruthless Ruffian scoundrel, or thief)
- Races with a bonus to Strength
- dwarf, goliath, minotaur, mul, orc, warforged (Str/Con)
- bugbear, half-orc, thri-kreen (Str/Dex)
- genasi (Str/Int)
- goliath, minotaur, shifter (longtooth), svirfneblin (Str/Wis)
- dragonborn, vryloka (Str/Cha)
- Crowbar, giving a +2 bonus to strength checks to break open locked doors or containers.