|Abilities||+2 Dexterity; +2 Strength or Wisdom|
|Skills||+2 Athletics, +2 Nature|
|Speed||7 (35 feet)|
|Avg. weight||180–240 lbs.|
Alien to most people of Athas, these desert-dwelling creatures live for the thrill of the hunt.[DSCS:22]
Thri-Kreen are humanoid mantids with 4 arms, though 2 arms are smaller and weaker than the others. The thri-kreen share no interest in other races other than for hunting and therefore are usually a neutral alignment. Although they are savages, they share a hive mind and can communicate telepathically with others in their tribe. The thri-kreen have an average lifespan of 30 years, however this short time is counteracted by the fact that thri-kreen do not require sleep and can live out all moments of their 30 years.
The main weapons of the thri-kreen consist of the gythka, a pole-arm with a maple leaf shaped blade on each end, and the chatkcha, a large, three-sided throwing star 12 inches in diameter. All their weapons are poisoned by dasl, a poison made from their venomous saliva which is altered by the zik-thok plant in an unknown matter since it is a secret known only to thri-kreen.
- Average Height: 5´ 4˝–6´ 6˝
- Average Weight: 180–240 lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 7 squares
- Vision: Low-light
- Languages: Common, Thri-Kreen
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Nature
- Multiple Arms: Once per turn, the thri-kreen can draw or sheathe a weapon (or retrieve or store an item) as a free action instead of a minor action.
- Natural Jumper: A thri-kreen is always considered to have a running start when jumping.
- Torpor: Rather than sleep, thri-kreen enter a torpid state. In this state, they remain aware of their surroundings and only require 4 hours of torpor (rather than 7 hours of sleep) to gain the benefit of an extended rest.
- Thri-Kreen Claws: Thri-kreen have the Thri-kreen claws power.